A Project Management Academy Update on COVID-19
May 27, 2020 Update:
As we begin to run in-person classes again in June, we want to let you know that we have your health and safety as well as the health and safety of our instructors at the forefront of our decision-making. Our classes will look a bit different. While we will follow local guidance in each location we teach, at a minimum
- We have reduced the maximum capacity of our classes to ensure appropriate spacing
- Coffee stations are set up in different ways to minimize congregating and exposure to shared surfaces
- We will make sure people enter and leave the classroom appropriately distanced
- Our classrooms are sanitized each day
- Hand sanitizer will be available and frequent hand-washing will be encouraged
- We encourage masks to be worn and will have masks available if people do not have their own
- Ask people not come to class and seek alternate arrangements with our customer service team if and of the following apply:
- They are feeling unwell
- Live with someone who is feeling unwell
- Are at high risk for COVID-19
- Live with someone at high risk for COVID-19
- Are uncomfortable attending an in-person course
We know how important quality professional development is for your career and we want to make sure we can provide it to you in the safest and healthiest way possible. We are monitoring the situation and will take scheduling and in-class precautions as the situation evolves. Thank you for working with us through this uncertainty.
Cities With Live Classroom Offerings Starting in June:
Full List of Cities With Live Classroom Offerings Beginning in July and August. Check for the next scheduled course in your city.
|Austin||Detroit||Las Vegas||Pittsburgh||San Jose|
|Boston||Fort Worth||Los Angeles||Pleasanton||Seattle|
|Burlington||Grand Rapids||Louisville||Portland||St Louis|
|Cleveland||Indianapolis||Nashville||Salt Lake City||Toronto|
|Dallas||Jersey City||Omaha||San Antonio|
In this time of uncertainty, we, like you, are monitoring COVID-19 with an eye towards the health and safety of our students and instructors. At the same time, we are trying to balance students’ needs to take the course when they have scheduled it, especially knowing that people may want to use this time as productively as possible.
- Additional Virtual Course Offerings: We are adding more live virtual courses than normal to accommodate anyone who may want to use this time most efficiently. We are also creating alternate delivery models to meet your needs as work and home schedules are fluctuating. We are offering:
- Multiple Timezones - Daytime courses are offered in Eastern, Central, Mountain, and Pacific timezones.
- Morning Classes - Take our 8-day course in the morning.
- Evening Classes - Take our 8-day course in the evenings.
- Weekend Classes - Spread your training out over two consecutive weekends.
- Course Delivery Method Flexibility: Any student is welcome to call our Customer Service team to either switch to one of our virtual live instructor-led courses which can be taken from the comfort of your home and have the same great customer satisfaction, results, and pass guarantees as our live in-person courses or postpone to another course to run at a later date. Particularly for students who are planning to travel to attend our course, your health and safety is our top priority, so please consider our flexible options to reschedule.
- Ongoing Monitoring & Open Communication with our Students: Our team is monitoring local, state, and federal COVID-19 guidance and will be as timely and open in our communications to students as possible should it be in the best interest of health and safety not to run an in-person course. We know this could be an inconvenience and our goal is to be as flexible as possible with you to identify a solution that you are satisfied with – whether that is taking the class on your scheduled dates virtually or postponing to a later in-person date.
- Additional Support for Unemployed Professionals: In response to record levels of unemployment, PMA and its affiliate company, Watermark Learning, are pleased to offer significant discounts to individuals in an unexpected career transition for many of our certification courses. In addition, we offer consultative support and discounting to organizations and agencies dedicated to assisting recently unemployed or dislocated workers. For more information, visit the Discounted Training section of our website.
The safety and health of our students is our top priority and will guide our decision making during this time. Thank you for your continued trust in us and for your business.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions we have been hearing:
Can I still attend my scheduled Live Classroom training?
In the best interest of health and safety, some live classroom courses must be converted to a virtual classroom experience. They will run on the same dates and times as the live course for which you originally registered. You will be notified by a customer service representative if your live course must be changed.
How do I convert my Live Classroom training to a Virtual Classroom?
Transferring from a live classroom into a virtual classroom is completely seamless. If you would like transfer into a virtual course, you may do so free of charge. We have added extra virtual sessions and are sure to have one that fits your schedule. You may even wish to reschedule into an earlier date to take advantage of office shut-downs or extended time at home.
Does PMA’s 100% Money-Back Pass Guarantee still apply to Virtual Courses?
Yes! Our live PMP® and PMI-ACP® certification preparation courses all come with a 100% money-back pass guarantee – even when the learning occurs online. We stand firmly behind our products and the outstanding instructors regardless of the course’s delivery location. Our virtual courses are proven to have the same student satisfaction scores and student out-comes as our in-person classes.
When is the PMP Exam changing?
On March 18th, 2020, Project Management Institute announced they would be delaying the release of the new Exam Content Outline (ECO) for the PMP® certification. It is now set to launch January 2, 2021. If you’d like to know more about what is changing and the impact it will have, read our post here: PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam Change
Can I still take my Certification Exam once I complete the course?
Historically, the PMP certification exam was only proctored live at a Pearson VUE testing center. However, under the current circumstances, PMI has recently created a virtual exam with live, online proctoring. The PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® exams are already available to be taken online.
Stay up-to-date with PMI here: https://www.pmi.org/about/coronavirus-single-source-message
Please contact customer service with any questions.
We will be happy to assist you.